From fields of sunflowers in Cairns to the turquoise coral cays of the Torres Strait and everywhere in between, the electorate of Leichhardt boasts some of the most stunning scenery in Australia.
Combine that with our vibrant communities, local characters and huge variety of tropical species and it’s clear that local photographers seeking inspiration are spoiled for choice.
Federal Leichhardt MP Warren Entsch is calling for photographs that capture our iconic places, people, events, flora and fauna for his ninth annual Community Calendar Competition.
He said he regularly gets positive feedback about the calendar and always endeavours to include a wide range of places and subjects in its pages.
“This calendar is one of my favourite projects during the year,” Mr Entsch said.
“I always look forward to seeing what local photographers have been up to and the images they’ve captured of our region.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for people to showcase their photography skills to thousands of businesses in the Far North.
“The top 14 shots – one for each month plus a front and back cover – will feature in this year’s calendar along with the name of each photographer, as well as details of where each photo was taken.”
- The southern boundary of Leichhardt is White Rock and to the west, parts of Kuranda and Speewah are included within Leichhardt as is Mt Carbine.
- The boundary then extends west to the Gulf of Carpentaria taking in all of Cape York and the Torres Strait.
- Images MUST be in landscape format, high-resolution JPEG digital image (minimum size 1Mb and resolution 300dpi) and be received by close of business on Wednesday, 19 June 2019.
- All images meeting the above criteria are to be emailed to email@example.com for consideration.
- For further information, or questions, contact the Cairns electorate office on (07) 4051 2220.
People who would like a free copy of the 2019-20 calendar when they become available can contact Mr Entsch’s office directly.