FEDERAL Member for Leichhardt Warren Entsch is urging Far Northerners to “nominate a mate” for the 2015 Queensland Regional Achievement and Community Awards.
“These prestigious awards pay tribute to regional and rural Queenslanders who are the pillars of our communities,” said Mr Entsch.
“Where would we be without those that contribute so much to making our community a better place to live? Our high achievers and community contributors should be recognised – be they individuals, businesses, community groups, clubs or organisations.
“I strongly encourage Far North Queenslanders to nominate someone who they feel is making a significant difference in their community and deserves a pat on the back.”
Nominations are open until Tuesday 4 August 2015 in the categories of:
- Peabody Energy Environment and Landcare Award
- ATEC Rail Group (ARG) Innovation and Leadership Award
- Prime Super Community Group of the Year Award
- Gladstone Printing Services Trade and Career Achievement Award
- CRT Agricultural Community Achiever Award
- Australia Pacific LNG Regional Service Award
- Access Community Services Cultural Diversity Award
Winners receive a trophy and $2,500 from the Commonwealth Bank.