MEMBER for Leichhardt Warren Entsch says he is looking forward to Far North Queensland dominating the award categories at the 2015 Queensland Tourism Awards this Friday night.
Mr Entsch said: “There are more than 20 businesses from Far North Queensland in the running to win an award this year – from Seawalker at Green Island to Cape Tribulation Beach House Resort.
“While we’re up against solid competition from across the state, our businesses are all of an incredibly high calibre and I have complete confidence that we can dominate the field.
“I wish our local businesses the very best for the awards ceremony on Friday night. I’ll be in the crowd cheering the loudest,” said Mr Entsch.
The full list of entries from Leichhardt are:
- Cairns Amateurs Carnival
- Cairns Central YHA
- Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort
- Cairns Convention Centre
- Cape Tribulation Beach House Resort
- Daintree Discovery Centre
- Down Under Tours
- Exemplar Coaches & Limousines
- Flyboard Cairns
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Mossman Gorge Centre
- Ocean Safari, Cape Tribulation
- Ochre Restaurant and Catering
- Pullman Reef Hotel Casino
- QT Port Douglas Resort
- QT Port Douglas Resort’s Restaurant
- Reef Magic Cruises
- Seawalker @ Green Island
- TAFE Queensland North: Tourism Training – Ambassador Program
- The Reef House Palm Cove
- Tjapukai Indigenous Experience
- Tourism Port Douglas Daintree: Destination Marketing for Port Douglas and Daintree Region
- UMI Arts Indigenous Cultural Tourism
More details on the Queensland Tourism Awards can be found at: www.queenslandtourismawards.com.au
Winners from the Awards will progress to the 2015 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards which will be held in Melbourne in February next year.